|could a drug vacation cause a Heart Attack
Jun 28, 2006
My other half of 18+ years died a couple of weeks ago he had a massive heart attack at 42 he was undectable and stopped all HIV meds about 6 months ago could there be a link?
Response from Dr. Henry
The recent results of the SMART study have suggested that stopping HIV medications can lead to a period of increased risk for death/disease from a wide variety of both HIV and non-HIV related conditions including heart attacks. Thus stopping HIV medications has to be considered very carefully with the general impression that stopping medications results in more health problems than continuing medications. KH
Accidentally took wrong combination
10 year deaths after AIDS
- Put Condom On Backwards Is It Still Effective Against Hiv
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- Will A Herpes Breakout Always Reoccur In The Same Area?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Herpes?
- Type Of Doctor Who Removes Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.