lymphodema

I was diagnosed in '95 hiv pos and have opted for alternative therapy of diet, exercise, good mental health, and good medical practices. I have recently decided to have a lymphnode in my neck removed and am concerned if this happens alot or generally speaking they are not removed. I have been a nurse since '92 and was DON of a facility with 90% hiv infected individuals. I have seen a lot of people who medicate with hiv therapy become resistant and eventually galvonized their overall health r/t the therapy to grim. This is why I opted for the alternative therapy. Speaking in general, My overall health is good and just want to know if this is out of the ordinary and happens alot. Either way what has the outcomes seem to be.

Lymph nodes are often enlarged in HIV+ persons since 99% of HIV resides in lymph tissue and a number of HIV-related conditions can involve the lymph nodes. Removing a lymph node that is enlarged due to HIV itself doesn't generally do much though there can be some problems with lymph drainage locally afterwards. If there is another disease condition present then a lymph node biopsy removal can assist in making a diagnosis and the other condition can be properly treated. Lymph node enlargement was a common feature of the now abandoned term AIDS-related complex (ARC) that was frequently seen during the early years of the AIDS epidemic. KH

skin problem,fatigue,pain
on statins and triglycerides still high