Prevention for Liposytrophy?

First, I would like to thank you for the help you are giving. It is much appreciated. I have been on Sustiva and Truvada (my first HIV meds) for a year now and am noticing signs of liposytrophy in my belly. I am an active individual again, thanks to TRT, and exercise regularly with emphasis on my abdominal area. If anything, the fat accumulation there is getting worse instead of better. Is there ANYTHING I can do other than liposuction to lose, minimize, or prevent this from getting worse? Perhaps there is a better alternative to the meds I'm on in regard to liposytrophy? My self asteem is suffering and I'm at my wit's end. Please help.

It is unclear whether an alternative HIV regimen would result in any less accumulation in abdominal fat (meaning is there a generally more fat friendly regimen that Truvada + Sustiva= no good data on that to my knowledge). Many factors other than HIV drugs contribute to the risk for fat problems such as age, time with HIV, how low the CD4 count goes, and perhaps genetic factors than can vary from person to person. Exercise and diet can help sometimes but results are inconsistent in my experience. Growth hormone and growth hormone releasing factor are under study for treatment of abdominal fat gain in the setting of HIV treatment--results are still out and the treatments have to be given by injection and have their own costs and side effects. An ACTG study of testosterone found no clear benefit. Thus, treatment options are still limited so the situation remains frustrating for patients and docs alike! KH

Are these signs?
skin problem,fatigue,pain