|How High is the risk?
Jun 27, 2006
How high is the risk of being affected with HIV by an uncircumsized man?
| Response from Dr. Conway
It depends on the contact. If we are talking about insertion of the uncurcumcised penis into the rectum, the risk may be >1% for each exposure. If we are talking about insertion of the uncurcumcised penis into the vagina, it is <0.1% for each exposure. However, any trauma or bleeding associated with the sexual contact and any genital sores (especially if these are ulcers) can significantly increase this risk.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Touching Precum Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.