How High is the risk?
Jun 27, 2006
How high is the risk of being affected with HIV by an uncircumsized man?
Response from Dr. Conway
It depends on the contact. If we are talking about insertion of the uncurcumcised penis into the rectum, the risk may be >1% for each exposure. If we are talking about insertion of the uncurcumcised penis into the vagina, it is <0.1% for each exposure. However, any trauma or bleeding associated with the sexual contact and any genital sores (especially if these are ulcers) can significantly increase this risk.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Erectile Dysfunction An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- White Bumps Worried It Could Be Ars
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.