Nevirapine Hypersensitivity Reaction

After a few months break from 6 years of NVP therapy along with AZT/3TC, I reintroduced the agents and experienced a severe hypersensitivity reaction. My questions are...1. Even though this was 10 months ago I still feel as though my nerve endings throughout my body are fried and irritated and I experience prickling that waxes and wanes..can a reaction cause this aling with muscle twitches? 2..My Dr feels it was the NVP that I had developed the sensitivity towards and now 10 months later I want to reintroduce the AZT and 3TC with Kaletra. Could it have been possible that the AZT and 3TC were the problem?? I'd appreciate any feedback.

From the information you provided it seems unlikely that you experience an hypersensitivity reaction to either AZT or 3TC so the nevirapine would be the most likely inciting drug. It seems reasonable to me to consider use of ZT + 3TC and Kaletra with careful observation. Some patients I have seen seem to have persistent nerve/skin sensations even months after having a drug hypersensitivity reaction. KH

Routine Infections Vis A Vis CD4s
WHAT CAUSES HIGH MUSCLE ENZYMES