Combivir side effects

Dear Doctor, I have been on Combivir and Efavirenz for the last 2.5 yrs and 6 yrs respectively. I am burping always - due to small related stressed situations like catching a bus, under time pressure, flying on a plane. I wonder if the gas/ burping due to Combivir I am taking. Before Combivir I was on D4T. I never had this problem. I checked the list of side effects of Combivir on Combivir.com, gas in the stomach is not listed, but indigestion is. If Combivir is not the reason of burping frequently, what natural/herbal remedy do you recommend.

Response from Dr. Conway

It may be due to the zidovudine portion of your Combivir. If your viral load is undetectable, you may consider asking your doctor about your switch to another combination pill such as Epzicom/Kivexa or Truvada to see what happens. This would also have the benefit of having you take a once daily regimen, with only 2 total pills per day.

hiv in relationship
More on PML...