Meds and bone problems

I am on Norvir,Reyataz,viread, videx,emtriva. I have been having alot of pain in my feet and knees, they have now found hairline fractures in both knees, and one ankle, also the orthopedist said the bones are deteriation in weight bearing joints, ankles, knees, and he thinks it is the medications, are any of the meds I am on known to cause any bone problems.

Accelerated bone loss (osteoporosis) has been reported in the setting of HIV infection. Risk factors remain unclear as does the role of therapy. Tenofovir has been linked to some bone problems and their could be enhanced toxicity when used with ddi (Videx). I would recommend getting a DEXA scan to evaluate your bone status and start treatment if bone loss is confirmed. Also, a discussion with your HIV specialist about alternatives to tenofovir and/or ddI may be worth considering as well. KH

Hiccups
HIV Meds or Rifampin