|Confued about HIV+ and HIV- immune systems
Jun 13, 2006
My understanding is that there is a typically a 50-75 CD4 count decline per year in a HIV+ positive person's immune system and a 3% (?) fall. I also understand that the CD4/CD8 ratio will invest.
My questions are what is a typical immune system in healthy HIV- person. Specifically,
1. Does it remain more or less constant or will it fluctuate over time?
2. If the latter what is a normal (daily) fluctuation? ation?
Response from Dr. Henry
This particular forum is exclusively for the discussion of the side effects of HIV therapy for use by patients and their health care providers.
needle stick injury
TB & HIV
- Hiv Symptoms After 3 Days
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes Igg And Igm?
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Gonorrhea?
- Syphilis How Does It Affect Reproductive System
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.