Jun 13, 2006
I read a question about oral lichenplanus. I had oral lichenplanus for 18 months. My Dr. of Oral Medicine determined that Viramune was the most likely cause. I had mouth photos published in New England Journal of Medicine. Within 2 weeks of stopping the Viramune, the lichenplanus totally cleared up and has not returned 1 year later. Hope this helps others with this problem. JJC..
Response from Dr. Henry
Thanks for reminding me of the association of nevirapine with lichen planus. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hair Loss A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.