Weight loss

Dr Henry,

I have been on Combvir and Sustivia for the last 3.6 years. Three month ago my Cd4 count was 300 and VL was undetected. My next lab appointmnet is almost after a month.Just recently, the last 2 months, I have lost about 10 pounds. Except unusual tiredness and sleepness, I have not noticed other change in my helath. I am now asking you to give me the possible reasons for this weight loss.

Thanks,

The AZT in Combivir can result in loss of body fat in some patients. Non-HIV conditions (such as hyperthyroidism, diabetes, depression, gut infections and many others) can cause weight loss so an evaluation by your HIV specialist is recommended. Weight can often fluctuate in a given individual for unclear reasons though varying activity levels and/food intake depending on season of the year and other factors contributes to the trajectory weight changes can take. KH

Eating Pickles for Liver toxity
needle prick