Sustiva, can I change my dosing schedule?

I hope you can give me some advice. I have been on Sustiva, along with Epivir and Ziagen since July, 2000, and although the regimen is working quite well, undetectable after 8 weeks I suspect the Sustiva is disrupting my sleep patterns. Although I always had difficulty falling asleep, I tend to be a night owl, I always slept soundly once I did fall asleep. Since taking Sustiva I awaken frequently and never seem to get a sound sleep. I dont appear to be affected in any other way. Can I safely switch my dosing schedule from evening to morning? I take 600 mil. before bedtime. If so do I need to change my schedule for Epivir and Ziagen which I take in the morning? Thanks, AP

Response from Dr. Bartlett

I am glad to hear that your regimen is working so well. Sustiva can cause difficulty with sleeping, and it seems reasonable to try a different schedule. There should be no difficulty with switching to the morning because the half life of Sustiva is very long. You should not have to make any changes in your Epivir or Ziagen.

neuropathy
Questions about side effects