Effects of DDI

I have recently changed meds (today) from d4t/3tc/stocrin to DDI/3tc/stocrin. I have read the side effects etc and have been advised that DDI is safe to take with my anti seizure meds Trileptal. However, I notice that it is not advisable to take with valporic acid and phenytoin. Please advise is it safe to take with Trileptal? Is it likely to cause seizures? and what is the approximate period of time before any, if any, symptoms of inflammation of the pancreas occur? I know it depends on the individual but in your experience any idea? Also any exercise to get rid of the abdominal and buffalo hump etc caused by d4t?.

Thanks for your help.

To my knowledge it generally is OK to take ddI with Trileptal (also generally OK to take ddI with Dilantin or Valoproic acid). There is a possible drug interaction between Stocrine and Trileptal (could decrease Stocrine levels) and between Dilantin and Strocrine (could decreae Stocrine levels and have a variable impact on Dilanting levels). Exercise and diet will have a variable but often only modest effect on decreasing visceral abdominal fat and buffalo hump.D4T has been more linked to fat loss versus fat gain though that can vary from patient to patient. KH

Antacid Use
safe ?