Info on HIV Meds

I want to know If you were taken off Sustiva and Epsicom because it make you sick. Do you think Reyataz and Epsicom is a good combination for a HIV patient. And what are the side effectsof these two medications.

Reyataz and Epzicom can be a good regimen for some patients though I prefer to use the Reyataz with Norvir boosting at least initially until the viral levels are undetectable. Stopping Sustiva can result in development of resistance so that can be somewhat tricky. The major issue for Reyataz is the development of elevated bilirubin levels (can result in jaundice)which can be noticeable in 5-8% of subjects in my experience (is reversible). For the Epzicom the major issue is the hypersensitivty reaction which can run > 5% in caucasian patients and maybe close to 2-3% in African or African American patients in my experience. I often dose the abacavir and lamivudine separately for the first 8 weeks until it is clear there is no problemm/issue with the hypersensitivity reaction. KH

I recently changed from Fortovase to Norvir plus Invirase along with combivir and got a rash
Only took one dose, what now?