|Positive x husband
May 29, 2006
Husband was diagnosed approximate 2yrs ago T-cell cont was 76--How long do you think he had aids, been seperated 6 yrs divorced 4- Ihave tested negative.
| Response from Dr. Henry
There is a wide range of time to AIDS after infection so it is impossible to say when someone contracted HIV infection unless there is a history of regular HIV testing and known exposures to an HIV infected person. Some patients have developed a low CD4 count and AIDS within a year of infection (one extreme) while others have been infected for 20 years and are still doing OK (the other extreme). In the pre-effective therapy days is was said that the average time from infection to development of AIDS was 10 years in the US. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- Red Bumps On The Vaginal Area With White Heads On Them
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.