could it be aids?

Hi

I have had unprotected sex with someone that (Now) I think had HIV. I referred to my doctor and started PEP immediately. But my concern is that starting from 24 hours from the unprotected sex, (same day as I started PEP) I have the following symptoms. 1- Occasional sore throat (varies throughout the day) 2- Fever (frequent varies trough out the day short term, as soon as I sit somewhere for half hour goes away) 3- Sweating (usually cold sweating) and change of body temperature. 4- dizziness.

Considering the fact that these symptoms started early (24 hours after possible exposure) and while I am taking the PEP, could they be HIV symptoms? Could these symptoms be side effects of the PEP medication? Or could it be a cold that I got in that day?

thanks

I'll be brief. With or without PEP, HIV ARS symptoms do not begin 24 hours after exposure. No way. No how.

I have no way of telling you what is causing your symptoms over the Internet, but I can tell you it's not HIV, since they began 24 hours post-exposure.

Condom slip and prohylaxis
hiv