cervical spine fusion surgery healing with hiv
May 23, 2006
I am going to have surgercal spine fusion surgery and would like to know if there is any problem with bone grafting or fusion in the neck. My cd4 is 108 and viral load is 170. My labs are continuing to get better monthly.
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV infected patients generally do well with surgery particularly if nutrition/hygiene status is good and their HIV infection is well controlled with medication. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Get Hiv By Swallowing Saliva Of An Infected Person?
- Latest News On Hiv Vaccine
- Undetectable Hiv Positive Woman And Negative Man Transmission Risk
- Can Be Hiv Transmitted Through Shaving Bumps?
- Can My Obgyn Call Me To Give Results Of Hiv Test?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Results For An Hiv Blood Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.