I have MRSA how do i know if my med. is working?

I was diagnosed with MRSA about a month ago following Breast Augmentation. I went almost 5 months before I convinced my plastic surgeon that something was wrong. He has cultured the sight 3 times now (before and after implant removal) and I've been on several different antibiotics. I am on Sulfameth/trimethoprim 800/160 right now and just about done with my prescription. He said he is 99% sure that this will take care of it and that I didn't need to see another doctor. I am scared that this is never going to go away. He miss diagnosed me 3 times before he cultured the sight. Do you think I should consult another doctor? Will this antibiotic work like he says? I have no side effects from it and feel better but still have pain in and around the sight of the infection when i stretch my arm. Will this pain always be there? Will MRSA deteriorate your muscle? Thanks so much for your time.

This forum is exclusively for discussion of side effects related to HIV treatment.

2ND OPPINION
cervical spine fusion surgery healing with hiv