2ND OPPINION

Dr. Henry, I'm a 58 (59 in august 06) yr old women with a history of Liver Disease. I have cirrosis of unknown origin. I have been under a doctor's care since 1995 without a diagnosis. However, we do know what it isn't, non-viral/nonalcoholic. Our first clue was thru bloodwork and I had slightly elevated liver enzymes (not a fatty liver), and I was told I was too heavy (195 lbs. & I'm 5'6" tall), I lost about 60 pounds on my own, cutting back on fats/sugar & added in some walking as my form of excercise. I lost weight but with no change to the enzyme level, in fact they worsened. Since my original weight loss, I have regained about 30 lbs and am currently making an effort to reformat my diet in a healthy way and I'm trying to add in some non-impact swimming as my form of exercise. My current doctor has no answers for me and continues to test me via ultra sound, endoscopy (checking the veins) and liver scans all with stable results. I would like to get a 2nd opinion as I think I need a change from my current physician and to get some other input. I can't seem to talk to my current doctor about how frustrating and fearful I truely feel. He removes himself from the emotion and has displayed unacceptable behavior toward me (almost with no feeling or regard to me as his long standing patient). Can you help give me some direction and guidance. I live in Pennsylvania (south of the City of Philadelphia. Marie Heisler

This forum is for the exclusive discussion of the side effects of HIV treatment. What is your HIV status and which HIV medications are you taking?

Is this fiction?....
I have MRSA how do i know if my med. is working?