neuropathy

I am on Epivir, Sustiva, and Zerit, and have been for over a year. Within the last month I've started having pain in my knees, I went to my family doctor, and had xrays and recieved an antiinflammatory drug. I had to stop taking the medicine because it upset my stomach, and the xrays came back with no injury and no arthritic changes. The pain went away for a little while, but then my elbows, wrists and ankles and feet started to hurt. It feels like a dull ache and then I get shooting pains off and on that almost bring me to tears. I am calling my Hiv doc tomorrow, but I am wondering if I can find out what this is before then. My viral load has been undetectable for two years, and CD4 300. could this be neuropathy?

Response from Dr. Boyle

The symptoms you are describing are unlikely to be related to neuropathy or to the medications you are currently taking. I am sure your doctor will order some additional tests to evaluate this problem and a long-acting non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (such as Vioxx or Celebrex) may help until a diagnosis is made. BB

Life-expectancy for compliant regime
Sustiva, can I change my dosing schedule?