Sustiva/truvada combo

Hello doctors,

I have been on Sustiva/Truvada combo for five weeks and am losing my mind! The only side effect I'm experiencing is the inability to concentrate and feeling like I'm high all day! I take the Sustiva early evening on an empty stomach and the Truvada in the morning. I only experienced the vivid dreams the first week and have no other side effects but I can't stand this feeling of "cloudiness" in my head! Some days it's scary to drive or be around other people. It has been the same every day since I started, no better, no worse. I'm also "edgy" and have become withdrawn according to my partner and I'm usually very laid back. I should receive my viral load and cd4 count this week. My question is, what other combo options with little to no side effects could I suggest to my doctor?

Sustiva may not be a good fit for you. A protease inhibitor based regimen (often with ritonavir boosting) may be a good 2nd choice (many to chooose from)to avoid the central nervous system side effects you are experiencing. KH

Hands and Feet cramping
Effects of Nevirapine and Duovir