May 22, 2006
I am on Viread, viramune, and videx. I have severe nerve spasm in one leg, near my knee. I tend to have it a couple of times a day, some days none. It is intense pain. I have it at least 5 days/wk.What can be causing this??
| Response from Dr. Henry
Pain localized to the knee area as you describe would be unlikely due to HIV or one of your medications but more likely due to local nerve presssure, tendon, muscle, vaccular, or joint condition. An evaluation by your HIV specialist and/or neurologist or rheumatologist is recommended to narrow the possibilities and to devise a diagnostic and treatment plan. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.