PEP, alcohol, and liver damage?

Hi Dr. Henry- Sorry for one last question. I'm on the last few days of a PEP regimen (Truvada and Kaletra). Last night, I went to a party, had about 4 drinks, then proceded to vomit for much of the night.

I'm worried - I never get drunk like that, much less on only 4 drinks. Should I be worried about liver damage from this one night? At my first follow-up I'm going to ask for them to check live enzymes to make sure I didn't mess anything up. I'm worried that one night (the doctor said 3-4 drinks would be fine!) will have messed up my liver forever. Thanks

In my experience HIV meds can make certain individuals more sensitive to alcohol (perhaps making it harder for the liver to clear it from the blood). The chances are quite good that you will NOT have any lasting liver effects from the evening of drinking you described. KH

herb intereaction with combivir
Lipodystrophy Without Meds