About Fuzeon side effects

Is it common to have anxiety attacks with fuzeon? I've only been taking it for 6 days(along with TMC-114, Truvada, Emtriva, and Viread) and on the 6th. day I had an anxiety attack to beat all attacks; it was bad, and very high elevated!!! I WAS TERRIFIED!!! I went to my clinic and after some research, they gave me "Aterax" pills and it worked; but I haven't taken my fuzeon since~~~~I'm scared to death!!!

Response from Ms. Salisbury

Hi, It is scary to have an anxiety attack. Fuzeon has, according to the studies, a 3% incidence of anxiety. This percent was lower than patients on just other HIV medications. Of concern would be symptoms like fever, chills, rigors (shakes), nausea, vomiting, rash, low blood pressure and elevated liver enzymes (only way to determine is with a blood test). These symptoms are concerning and may indicate an allergic reaction.

It is difficult to determine if this might reoccur. I think it is very important to call your practitioner and discuss this. Many times anxiety can be caused by something new or a change we experience. The Atarax is a good way to reduce sudden anxiety and there are other medications that can be prescribed to prevent anxiety such as SSRIs. These improve mood by increasing serotonin (our feel good brain hormone). You might want to ask your provider about these. Take care. Carol

questions about Fuzeon
no period