May 10, 2006
i am aware that hiv can cause some back and neck pain and spasms.my doctor currently has given me a muscle relaxer but i cant even tell i have taken it?would something stronger help like hydrocodone or oxycoton help?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Stronger pain medicines can provide better pain relief but use of narcotics can result in chemical dependency so caution is exercised. Focusing on the likely cause of the pain and addressing that (often includes an X-ray or evaluation and often physical therapy) while relying on non-steroidal analgegics and muscle relaxants if generally helpful for most patients (can take weeks/months to see a benefit is some cases). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.