PEP long term effects vs. Risk

18 days ago, I had two separate sexual incidents on the same day. One was unprotected receptive anal sex (condom break) with person A, the other was mutual masturbation with urethra exposure to precum with person B.

Person A, who believed himself to be HIV+ but hadn't been tested, came in at my 14 day tests with me to be tested. He tested HIV-, and as he hadn't been sexually active in the 4 months preceding our encounter, I am assuming that he IS negative, and that I couldn't have been infected by him. My question relates to the risk factor vs. the side effects (remaining) of the PEP regimen).

Now, I'm on day 17 of Truvada and Kaletra - started 27 hours after the the exposure with person A (anal), and 28 hours after exposure with person B (masturbation).

I am safely telling myself that my chance of being HIV+ from the messy handjob is almost nothing. I am worried now, though, that the potential long-term side effects of PEP might hurt me more than help.

1)Should I stay on the drugs? 11 days left.

2)Should I be worried about long term side effects (liver, heart, etc) from these two drugs)?

3) In terms of follow up tests, I'm still going to follow the guidelines, I guess - 6 wk, 3mo, and 6mo. Since my exposure history is basically nil, would the PEP have affected the window period for seroconversion? Is it more likely for me to seroconvert at 3 months than it was earlier.

Thanks for your reply! I'm much more relieved than I was 2 wks ago, but now worried about other things!

The risk for persistent serious side affects after 28 days of your PEP regimen is very small-stomach side effects and any lipid/fat problems generally clear soon after stopping the medications. KH

New kaletra formulation and increased diarrhea
Any new lipo procedures for hump