dropping a med?

I am taking Combivir, Viread and Sustiva, I am having face break outs, really bad on my forehead and nose area. I think it is the combivir. I stopped taking it and the break outs have worsened. Is there any reason I should be taking that drug. My vl is undetectable. I do need to see a dermatologist? Thank You

Viread and Sustiva alone are likely not sufficient to provide lasting control for your HIV (though not well studied). Thus it is recommended that you still take the COmbivir or some other drug. If you have no history of resistance then commonly FTC would be used instead of the Combivir (FTC+ Viread= Truvada = i pill/day) as a convenient option. I do recommend seeing a dermatologist ( I often learn a lot when I refer patients to the skin specialist ultimately with the patient getting better results then if I had continued some for of empiric/guess work treatment). KH

Is this aids or hiv?
Drug Combos and on going study