Allegic reaction

I have been taking trizivir for many year.When I notice fat loss from my arms and leg my dodotor switch me to Norvir, Reyataz, and Epzicom. In two weeks I had an allergic reaction(hives) and had to stop the new meds. If trizivir has the same meds as epzicom minus azt why did I have an allegic reaction?

Your reaction would be unlikely due to the Epzicom since it is the same as Trizivir minus the AZT. Rashes are seen with protease inhibitors including Reyataz and/or Norvir though usually you can treat through the rash. Other conditions can also cause a rash (or other drug interactions triggered by the protease inhibitors depending which other medications you are on). A review by your HIV specialist and pharmacist is important to try and narrow down the possibilities so you will have a better idea how to preceed. KH

white blood cells
Gynaecomastia other than surgery