|white blood cells
May 5, 2006
My doctor wrote me a few months ago and told me my white blood cells were high, I haven't had a chance to go back to him but should I be worried? My count was like 646 and jumped up to 836. Should I be worried.
| Response from Dr. Henry
A high white blood cell count can be a sign of an infection, stress, or sometimes a bone marrow problem. If the increase is modest and short-lived there usually is not much need for concern. If the count is high and/or persistent it bears follow-up (i.e >> 10,000 for weeks). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.