Uridine question

Thanks for this great forum and your experienced direction. I am eagerly anticipation the release of some type of uridine supplement in the US. You've addressed the subjects of lipodystrophy/lipoatrophy and uridine dozens of times on this site, can you give a timeline (purely conjecture I know) for a possible release date (months, years??). Also, will uridine help correct or replenish previously lost fat deposits or will it function to mainly inhibit any further loss of fat from the time you start taking it? Can you speculate as to whether it will address both lipoatrophy and/or lipodystrophy? Thank you again for the opportunity for putting these questions out there.

I have no information about the availability of uridine (such as Nucleomaxx) in the US. Any reader of this forum who can comment is encouraged to do so. The ACTG (AIDS Clinical Trials Group) is running a uridine study in the US that should provide important data as to the actual safety and benefit of uridine for lipoatrophy associated with HIV therapy. Your HIV provider should be able to direct you to participating sites (also available at www.aidsinfo.nih.gov (under clinical trials enter uridine then search). KH

HIV and Liposuction
LIVING AT HOME