HIV and Liposuction

I am a 25 year old male and have been HIV positive for 3 years. I am currently not any treatment for the HIV due to high counts. I am a gay male who is very self-conscious about my appearance due to the gay community standards. I have been working out for the last 2 years and have a reached a plateau, that does not bother me. I have not been able to lose any fat in my "spare tire" region. The fat seems to be on the outside. Is liposuction an option, and a safe one for me? Or is this a procedure that most plastic surgeons won't take on for the HIV positive patient?

Plastic surgeons are increasingly working with HIV+ patients. Often there is a preference that the patient be on HIV therapy with low/undetectable HIV levels though that is not a requirement and varies from surgeon to surgeon. Liposuction can be useful for some forms of fat accumulations (fat can be more external (subcutaneous) or internatl (visceral) int he abdominal area. Sometimes consultation with a dietician and /or exercise specialist can better target your efforts to decrease your "spare tire" problem. KH

Leg/feet pain
Uridine question