Worried - Maybe a Little Too much

Doc I am on sutiva and truvada looking forward to the once a day table coming soon. I have but one question. I have been on this regimen religiously, and I dont miss a dose, except sometimes i take my dose at 9 pm, sometimes 10 pm, sometimes 11 pm. Usually its really around 10 pm. My doctor said he thought it was no bigh deal since these drugs have such long half lives. However, Lately I have been getting a funny tast in my mouth..no thrush, I went to the doc recently. I was afriad to ask him because he thinks i am a worry wart. Anyway, do you think that the funny taste in my mouth is a result of my medication not working anymore. I am scared that I have developed resistance. I wont get my blood drawn to the end of this month, but I do not want to even fathom that my I got resistant to my meds. Do you think that is a high probability, even if I havent missed a dosed. By the way, my schedule is so crazy that sometimes i take the meds with food. I dont feel the side effetcs, because i go right to sleep. I get home really late from work. Do you thik taking the meds with food will also cause resiatance. I am a bit worried. What do you think?

It would be very usual if your taste abnormality would be due to failure of your current regimen though it could be an adverse effect perhaps of the Sustiva (sometimes due to high levels of the drug which could cause a side effect but would actually make failure the regimen less likely from the HIV standpoint). KH

lichenplanis
Thank You For Your Promptness