Extremely Elevated Trigligerides

I have been on the regime of Fuzeon, Truvada, Timpranavir and Norvir since Ocotber of 2005. My tirgligeride levels seemed to have jumped first a little in December and January in the 300 to 400 range and my last labs in March they were over 1,000. My docotr thinks it is one of the meds I am on. I can't recall which one he sida but it was either the Timpranavir or the Truvada. Have you heard of someone's Trigliceride levels getting this high and is there anything to do to lower it.

I don't know if it is related but my good colesterol level is also extremely low it reads at 16 but my bad colestrol is fine.

I am concerned but not sure what can be done besides wait until the next labs then go on some other med that my doctor says will help but has some bad side effects.

Do you know of anything that can bring Trigliceride levels down and good Colestrol levels up?

Thanks,

Loyd in Key West

The tipranavir and the ritonavir (Norvir) together often increase the triglycerides. Some patients may be predisposed (by genetic make-up) for extreme triglyceride elevations. Diet can help some. Often a combination of a fibrate often coupled either with fish oil (3000 mg BID) or a statin can decreae the level by 50% or more. KH

Risk Move
Severe Sustiva reaction