I MUST beg to differ with you Dr. Henry on the "toxicity issue", but...!

I have before me, a letter to inform me, as a participant of a study, ("Vicriviroc,or, ACTG-A5211 study"), was found to have caused 3 types of cancer in study participants, and, yet, it wasn't enough to stop production, approval, and, or access to the drug. "Go figure huh?" As a cancer patient NOW, I don't think it is appropriate to ("even in your own experience"), to inform without acknowledging the "ACTUAL RISKS". Thank you, dave

The intepretation of the link between the use of vicriviroc and the 5 cancers in that study was as follows: "The ACTG has concluded that a causal association between vicriviroc and the lymphoma cases could not be established at this time, and that all those who developed cancers had very advanced HIV disease, but says that it will put in place more intensive monitoring procedures in the study, which is comparing two doses of vicriviroc with an optimized background regimen plus placebo (for further information on the study, ACTG 5211, click here. The ACTG says that all participants in the study will undergo monitoring for three to five years after the study is completed in order to determine whether there are any harmful long-term effects of vicriviroc treatment."

Lymphoma and anal cancer are both greatly increased in AIDS patients without any treatment. There has been no proven link between any approved HIV drug and an increased risk for cancer. KH

confused about risks
whats the most likley cause