I'm very stupid and I need your help!!! Pls answer

Yes that's true. I'm a very stupid man as I engaged in a risky sexual activity and I can't realize now how this could happen. I had unprotected insertive anal sex with an transexual prostitute 3 times. I don't know the actual HIV status of this person but I assume that if she had unprotected contact with me, she probably did so with everyone. I did a lot research on the net in the hope to find some relief to my worries and I found some contradictory opinions about this situation. Somebody puts the risk to a medium/high level, others to a low level (0,03% or 3 in 10000). What do you think? I also noticed a little abrasion on the head of my penis a few days after the exposure and I'm now scared that this abrasion was also present during sex making infection more likely. I'm very scared and confused. I will go tested but I need some relief on my concerns. Please help me!!!

Response from Dr. Conway

The good news is that you seem to have learned from your recent beahvior and it makes it more likely that you will be able to avoid situations such as these in the future. The exposure you had does carry a significant risk of transmission of HIV (not to mention other sexual infections such as herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia). For HIV, the risk is probably >1/1000, higher if you did have an abrasion on your penis. You need to get tested now (to see if you were positive from before), and again within 12 weeks. If you get any symptoms of acute HIV infection, you need to contact someone immediately for special testing. If you do get infected, you need to know that, with treatment (especially early on), HIV can almost certainly be controlled for life. I wish you good luck in dealing with this important situation.

sustiva - success with lower dose?
Switching meds?