Acute pancreatitis and wine

I had a bout of acute pancreatitis in 1998 which required hospitalization. I have had no symptoms since then. As a side effect of my meds, my cholesterol counts, etc., are high. Can a person with my history drink three small glasses of wine per week, without significant risk of pancreatitis, and receive heart-health benefits?

Often alcohol in moderation (3 glasses of wine/week would be moderate use) is tolerated for many persons with a history of pancreatitis. If the pancreatitis was very severe and you are taking other meds which can increase the risk for pancreatitis (such as Videx or Zerit) then use of alcohol may be more of a risk. Your HIV provider is often used to assessing current risk for pancreatitis depending on your HIV situation. KH

Aching Legs
Response to: Answer all this?