Sleepless in Brooklyn

Hi Doc, This is my first week on meds (Sustiva and Epzicom). Two pills at night. I can't sleep at night anymore. At best I get a restless 3 hours of sleep a night. I'm tired, irritable, and disoriented in the day. What gives? I know that there is an adjustment period but this is ridiculous. How do I now manage school and work on 3 hours?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Often a sleeping pill such as trazadone or lorazepam or others needs to be used for a while. For some patients taking the Sustiva in the AM is a better fit. There is a subset of patients for whom Sustiva is not a good fit and then switching to something else (like atazanavir/ritonavir) that is still once a day might be a good choice depending on individual factors. KH

Confusion about lipids
impotence and fatigue and depression