|False Positves for drugs while on HIV meds
Apr 19, 2006
On probation,unrine tested once amonth no problems for 4 months.started taking meds in march. Truvada & Stutiva. first urine test in tampa, it showed up positive, for Benzodiazephines??Is this because of my meds? Officer asked if I was Valium or Xanax? Which I am not.Clean now for 8 months..I am worried because I am on a no tolerence court order..If I show a positive I am suppose to be arrested..Really appreciate your feedback..thanks,Paul
| Response from Dr. Henry
Sustiva can cause false positive urine test results for marijuana and I believe benzodiazepines. Your HIV specialist/prescriber should be willing to write a letter explaining the situation to help remedy the situation. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- Does Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding Mean I Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.