Apr 19, 2006
My problem Is,I want to be treated for HCV.my Dr. wants to involve me in a test called aprocot2 using peg. and ribaviran. Is this safe with my platlets 81,. My other numbers are good my T4 429 V/L undetectable.
Response from Dr. Henry
Hepatitis C therapy can cause bone marrow problems so that is usually carefully monitored in studies (and adjustments made if problems occur). Hepatitis C can be treated successfully in HIV co-infected patients (incuding those on antiretroviral therapy)though the success rate in some patients (ie those with hepatitis C type 1 virus) is lower in co-infected patients than those with hepatitis C alone. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.