|10 months of Diarehhea
Apr 16, 2006
With few problems in 30 years of hiv, I have now had diarehhea for 10 months. I dont think there could be any more tests that they can do but to no avail. My question, is there anything I can do to slow it down. I am currently taking Tinture of Iodine which help me feel a bit better but this has been hell, to put it bluntly. I have gone from my normal 125 to 101 lbs.
| Response from Dr. Henry
I assume you are being cared for by a good HIV specialist and GI doctor?! No evidence of any infection, inflammatory bowel disease, gluten enteropathy?? Tincture of opium or injections of Sandostatin has been helpful in select patients with refractory diarrhea. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.