MRSA and HIV

I have been HIV pos for 7 years. Recently I developed a nasty staph infection (maybe CA- MRSA) I tried Bactrim and now IV Vancomycin but it's still not cleared up totally. What do you recommend to excellerate the healing? How long do I expect this to last? My MRI was negative for bone infection or tumors and even though the culture was negative for MRSA it looks like and acts like MRSA. Have you heard of other nasty staph infections out there?

Thank you dan

For MRSA often addition of rifampin can be helpful (need to watch for drug interactions) as well as evaluating for carriage of MRSA in places like the nose (consider use of an antiobiotic ointment if nose culture is positive). KH

Brain Function
switching combivir for truvada