Is it my regimen?

Hello, I was diagnosed with HIV in November 05, went from finding out status to hospitilization t cells down to 2... gained weight, built back up my blood levels etc and got out the hospital under therapy of Truvada, Reyataz, and Norvir. I am just now experiencing horrible pains in my joints and muscles after 2 months of therapy and I dont know why. I can tell you the following. My HIV Specialist is treating me for testostrone levels... she has me on antibiotics, and anti diarhea medicines. I also take vitamins and am on a normal diet. I dont miss doses, dont alter them or anything of the sort. I have tried muscle creme and hot baths with epsome salt. I even had some Neproxen from a tooth pull and nothing works for the pain. I am 25 walking like I am 85. Any clue?

You may benefit by an evaluation from a neurologist and/or rheumatologist to out the likely cause of your pain which is unusual for someone on your regimen to develop. Sometimes during recovery of immune system during early HIV therapy strange symptoms develop (immune reconstitution syndrome) which can be tough to sort out. KH

Ins.
Optic Atrophy