hiv and lipo suction
Apr 6, 2006
can people with hiv get lipo suction on their love handles? this seems to be a real problem i've gained alot of weight since I have been on hiv medicine. I'm having a hard time losing weight. Please help!!!
Response from Dr. Henry
Yes some HIV+ patients with an increase in subcutaneous abdominal fat have had successful liposuction. Often the fat is intraabdominal which is not as amendable to plastic surgery intervention. The fat can return and not all patients are satisfied with an expensive intervention. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chest Cold Sign Of Seroconversion
- Is Chest Cold An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.