Alternatives to Kaletra

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question around HIV and CNS stimulation. You made a suggestion of rotating meds, I am pretty sure the culprit is Kaletra, any suggestions for a replacement based on the regimen I am taking...Kaletra, 3TC, Viramune and Tenofovir. My ID specialist is loathe to change anything that is working for me in terms of my viral load.

Thanks again Tired in Toronto.

Response from Dr. Conway

Dear Tired:

A principle we are all becoming comfortable with is that single drug switches are perfectly acceptable in the setting of an undetectable viral load, perhaps even in the face of extensive pre-treatment. In this situation, switching from Kaletra to boosted atazanavir or fos-amprenavir may offer itself as a viable option for you. Talk to your doc to see if this could work or if there is an important reason to avoid doing this.

Thanks Dr. Conway
please read