Red Spot on Butt

Dr.Conway, My girlfriend has a red round spot on her upper butt cheek the size of a pinky fingernail. It has been there for a couple of months now. It does not itch or bother her its just there. It is not raised at all. What do you think?

Response from Dr. Conway

It is hard to say what this is. In isolation, it is difficult to understand how this could be an isolated manifestation of HIV. Of all the sexual infections I would consider, herpes would come to mind, so you might want to think about this. It could be many other things, including a minor skin infection, so you should get it checked out.

HIV Testing & Falses HIV Testing
Thanks Dr. Conway