uridine/aquamed/sculptra

I've had a number of treaments with Sculptra to the face, with reasonable success. Is Aquamed the same substance or is it something that doesn't subside, as Scuptra does? Is Aquamed avilable in the U.S., or do you have to travel to get it injected, and if so, could you absolutely specific about where to go for treament? I'm interested in having the buttock area treated. Also, what's the final word on Uridine? Does it help, or is it expensive snake oil, and if it works, how do I get it? Thanks -

Chris

Aquamid is a different substance then Sculptra. To my knowledge it is not available in the US but has been used in Europe/Australia. It purportedly may last longer than Scupltra but I have no personal experience with it. The active ingredients are hydrogel and polyacrylamide. If any reader has knowledge about use in North America please post. I have seen no information on its use in the buttock ( a large amount would be needed there compared to the face). Uridine is being evaluated by the ACTG in the US as a follow-up to a German study showing fairly impressive results in reversing fat loss in the context of HIV treatment. It is not cheap (hundreds of dollars a month I understand) so further studies are needed to validate preliminary good results from pilot studies. KH

PML
ECSTACY