Sore throat

Doctor,

I have had symptoms of a cold and a sore throat on and off for about 2 weeks. My cd is 300 and on ART (sustiva and truvada), undetetctable. I called my doctor, and he said that I am fine and it is probably a cold virus. However, I do not ever remeber feeling sick for this long. I dont have fever or body aches, just a cough, some expectorate, and a sore throat. Should i continue to try and ignore this, or do you think it is something more severe? I am wondering if it could be psychosomatic because i recently found out i have hiv. could you shed some light?

If your sore throat persists/worsens with other symptoms then it is reasonable to request an evaluation (for strep throat for example) to look for other explanations. KH

2nd Round of Rash
Sustiva, Truvada and Diarrhea (take 2)