Sunken face

My son and I have been HIV+ for 10 years. His face is starting to have the sunken look, I heard taking him off the medication will bring the child's face fuller again, is this true? Can I make his face look not so bad.

Stopping all HIV meds is not recommended. It has not be shown to reverse facial fat loss and immediately results in rebound of HIV replication and loss of CD4 cells and increased risk for clinical events. Switching HIV meds around to ones that are more fat friendly can be helpful in regions of the world where access to HIV meds is good (ie switch to abacavir or tenofovir from AZT or D4T). KH

Blood in Semen
Cholesterol deposits in eyes