Hyperbaric Oxygenation / Scuba Diving
Mar 28, 2006
I recently read that HIV Positive divers increase the risk of HIV working its way through the brain blood barrier due to hyperbaric oxygen / atmospheric pressure while diving. Do you there to be any truth to this theory? I recently got back into diving, and have been living POZ for over 7 years.
Response from Dr. Henry
I haven't seen any data supporting that concern. I have numerous patients who go diving and haven't had a problem. I generally would not worry about that. If any reader knows of any data/paper on the subject please post. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Doxycycline Treat Vaginal Infections?
- Severe Back Pain And Vaginal Bleeding
- Can You Get HIV From Sharing Foods Or Drinks?
- Diarrhea Vomiting And Muscle Pain Early HIV Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.