Wisdom teeth

Hi, I am 38 years old, male and will be having two wisdom teeth out in month.

Until that time I am coating the area around the teeth in a benzocaine solution to numb the immense pain associated with these teeth poking through the gums. I am also on anti biotics to prevent infection until it is time to have them out. I seem to be getting more bouts of OHL / thrush in my mouth when I use this analgesic. I am not sure whether this is related to the benzocaine / anti biotics or just a failing regimen.

CD4 190 - 210 or there bouts - been there for 3 years, HIV+ for 17 years. My doc says unlikely to go up any more, only down if I become resistant to my current combo: Abacavir, Tenofovir, Ritonavir, Saquinovir. My job involves a lot of talking to people which I am finding difficult due to either the pain that I get if I don't take the benzocaine or the thrush which is unsightly.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

BTW - read your bio - well done!!

Yaseen

For oral care I often use chlorhexidine gargles (Peridex) which is not an antibiotic per se but often can help gum infections (gingivitis). Often just gargliong with warm baking soda solutions can provide some relief. I also someimes use a viscous xylocaine syrup applied to the sore areas of the gums with cotton Q-tip. KH

Floaters during exertion
severe pains