Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is there any way to get life insurance for HIV'ers
Mar 26, 2006

Hi,i hope my question does not sound too silly. Things may be very unfair somtimes but as technology grows we get better too in our mid sets. I'm sure many HIV people have come across worring about their future when it comes to Insurance. I was recently denied life Insurance on my mortgage even thougt I'm HIV positive- I have remanied healthy under no meds since I found I was positive 6 years ago. I was thinking to my self it would be unfair to not provide some sort of Insurance to people wiht HIV . I have asked my doctor on this matter- she wasn't able to provide me any info at that time but told me that there could be certain companies that would admit people like my self under certain regulations for different insurances .I don't know if there is any way to insure HIV'ers. Could you please guide me throught this problem. thanks in advance

Response from Dr. Henry

Several years after the introduction of HAART (potent antiretroviral therapy) several life insurance companies made headlines (late 1990's) by announcing they were offering life insurance to certain HIV+ patients. I have not heard much since then and am unaware if any of my current patients have life insurance. Any policy would likely be pro-rated to some degree (more expensive than for the general population). If anyone knows of a company that can be recommended please post/let us know. KH

Previous
Medication reaction with amino acid supplements
Next
Floaters during exertion

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.